For the first time ever, the Team of The Year was voted on by a carefully curated list of media, athletes, and EA SPORTS FIFA community members. This collective of ballot recipients was chosen to represent the millions of EA SPORTS FIFA players all over the world. Each voter selected from a shortlist of 55 players, nominated by EA SPORTS for their real-world performance in 2017.
Custom-built ballot boxes were delivered to each recipient containing all 55 of the nominee player items. Each vote consisted of three attackers, three midfielders, four defenders, and one goalkeeper in a 4-3-3 formation. Ballot box recipients cast their vote by posting a photo of their team on social media with #TOTYVote. The ballots submitted by this group accounted for 60% of the final vote, while the remaining 40% of the votes were cast by EA SPORTS.
Print Production: Nirvanacph
Project Manager: Drew Hebb
Creative Director: Ravin Ed
Designers: Jonathan Wang / Ravin Ed